While mental health refers to anyone’s state of mental, emotional well-being, mental illnesses are diagnosed conditions that affect thoughts and behaviors. Though anyone can have moments of poor mental health, not everyone has a mental illness.Jun 18, 2021
- 1 What is meant by mental health and mental ill health?
- 2 What is the mental health?
- 3 What is the difference between mental health and mental illness UK?
- 4 What are the 4 types of mental health?
- 5 What’s another word for mental health?
- 6 What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
- 7 What are the 7 main mental disorders?
What is meant by mental health and mental ill health?
Overview. Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
What is the mental health?
Mental health refers to cognitive, behavioral, and emotional well-being. It is all about how people think, feel, and behave. People sometimes use the term “mental health” to mean the absence of a mental disorder. Mental health can affect daily living, relationships, and physical health.
What is the difference between mental health and mental illness UK?
Mental health refers to our emotional and psychological wellbeing. It is influenced by our life experiences. This can impact the way we think, feel and behave. Mental illness encompasses a wide range of disorders often caused by genes or brain chemistry.
What are the 4 types of mental health?
Some of the main groups of mental disorders are:
- mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder)
- anxiety disorders.
- personality disorders.
- psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia)
- eating disorders.
- trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder)
- substance abuse disorders.
What’s another word for mental health?
In this page you can discover 12 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for mental-health, like: mental stability, mental balance, sanity, mental-hygiene, psychiatric, life-disrupting, primary-care, mental illness, freedom from mental illness, normality and drug-alcohol.
What are the 5 signs of mental illness?
The five main warning signs of mental illness are as follows:
- Excessive paranoia, worry, or anxiety.
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extreme changes in moods.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping pattern.
Oct 14, 2020
What are the 7 main mental disorders?
Seven common types of mental disorders include:
- Anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorders social anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and phobias.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)