Abbreviation: MAE. A battery of tests to measure language abilities in patients with speech disturbances.
What are common Nursing abbreviations?
- APRN – Advanced practice registered nurse.
- CNA – Certified nursing assistant.
- CNM – Certified nurse-midwife.
- CRNA – Certified registered nurse anesthetist.
- DNP – Doctor of nursing practice.
- LPN – Licensed professional nurse or license practical nurse.
- LVN – Licensed vocational nurse.
What does a stand for in Nursing?
MCN’s Complete Guide to Nursing Abbreviations and Acronyms
|A&D (see Adm.)||Admission and Discharge|
|A&E||Accident and Emergency|
What does ADM stand for in medical terms?
adm—admission. afeb—afebrile, no fever.
What does HPU mean in medical terms?
Abbreviation for: Health Protection Unit, see there. hospital planning unit.
What does R mean in nursing?
R (symbol): This much-used symbol has many meanings in medicine. They include: Respiration: a nurse’s note of “R20” is shorthand for 20 respirations (breaths) per minute.
What does TID mean in nursing?
|TID||Three times a day|
|TID AC||Three times a day before meals|
|TID HS||Three times a day and at bedtime|
|TID PC||Three times a day after meals|
What does Dr mean in nursing?
Abbreviation for digital radiography.