- 1 What do you mean by construal?
- 2 What is an example of a construal?
- 3 How do you use the word construal in a sentence?
- 4 How do you say construal?
- 5 What is Psychobiographical research?
- 6 What is a construal describe two different ways in which a person might consider the same situation?
- 7 What is low level construal?
- 8 What is interdependent construal of self?
- 9 Which is the example of schema?
- 10 Is construal a verb or noun?
- 11 What is the plural of construal?
- 12 What is construal in cognitive linguistics?
What do you mean by construal?
n. a person’s perception and interpretation of attributes and behavior of the self or of others. See also independent self-construal; interdependent self-construal.
What is an example of a construal?
For example, imagine you are walking down the street and in front of you someone stops, falls to the ground, grabs their chest, and starts to turn blue. You would begin to interpret this situation, running through all the possible explanations for this situation and the person’s behavior.
How do you use the word construal in a sentence?
1. The independent and interdependent self – construal variables were entered simultaneously in order to test the hypotheses. 2. Construal Level Theory (CLT) is a social cognitive theory which was used to account for how psychological distance influences individuals’ thoughts and choices.
How do you say construal?
Quote from video:
Consumo con sur con sur con sur con sur construyó.
What is Psychobiographical research?
Psychobiography is defined as “the study of historically significant and extraordinary individuals over their entire life spans with the aim to uncover and reconstruct their lives psychologically” (Fouché & van Niekerk, 2010, p.
What is a construal describe two different ways in which a person might consider the same situation?
Describe two different ways in which a person might construe the same situation. Construal- how people perceive, understand, and interpret the people, events, and things around them. People create their own realities. Example- football game opposing teams, rough play, who started it?
What is low level construal?
Low level construal is when people think more concretely and is associated with psychological proximity. When people are engaged in low-level construal, they are focusing on the present in great detail.
What is interdependent construal of self?
a view of the self (self-construal) that emphasizes one’s embeddedness in a network of social relationships and that downplays one’s separateness and unique traits or accomplishments.
Which is the example of schema?
Examples of Schemas
For example, when a child is young, they may develop a schema for a dog. They know a dog walks on four legs, is hairy, and has a tail. When the child goes to the zoo for the first time and sees a tiger, they may initially think the tiger is a dog as well.
Is construal a verb or noun?
Construal is a noun. A noun is a type of word the meaning of which determines reality.
What is the plural of construal?
Noun. construal (countable and uncountable, plural construals) The act of construing or interpreting; interpretation.
What is construal in cognitive linguistics?
Cognitive linguistics uses the theoretical concept of ‘construal’ to account for the choice between alternating expressions. The two grammatical possibilities for expressing one and the same situation are two different ways of describing and thereby ‘construing’ that situation.