Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour Syrup works to thin and loosen mucus making it easier to cough up. How it works: Active ingredient guaifenesin helps to thin and loosen mucus in your chest, making it easier to cough up.
- 1 How does benylin mucus cough work?
- 2 How long does it take for benylin mucus to work?
- 3 Is benylin good for mucus?
- 4 What are the side effects of benylin mucus cough Max?
- 5 How do I get rid of mucus in my chest?
- 6 What is the best medicine for mucus and phlegm?
- 7 Does Benylin mucus cough make you drowsy?
- 8 Is Benylin mucus cough Max a decongestant?
- 9 What is mucus cough?
- 10 Do you have phlegm with Covid cough?
- 11 Is Benylin good for dry cough?
- 12 Does Benylin mucus cough contain paracetamol?
- 13 Is Benylin good for chesty cough?
- 14 How often should you take Benylin?
- 15 Who should not take Benylin?
How does benylin mucus cough work?
Benylin mucus cough medicine contains two active ingredients, guaifenesin and levomenthol. Guaifenesin is a type of medicine called a cough expectorant. It’s thought to work by increasing the volume of fluid produced in the airways. This helps to thin and loosen the mucus in the airways, making it easier to cough up.
How long does it take for benylin mucus to work?
Guaifenesin produces its expectorant action within 24 hours.
Is benylin good for mucus?
BENYLIN® EXTRA STRENGTH MUCUS & PHLEGM Syrup works in your lungs to break up tough mucus and phlegm, and clear it from your chest. This EXTRA STRENGTH, fast-acting formula loosens and thins out mucus and phlegm so that you can expel it when you cough.
What are the side effects of benylin mucus cough Max?
What are the possible side effects of Benylin mucus cough max menthol?
- Abdominal pain.
- Feeling sick.
- Allergic reactions such as a rash or itching. Stop using the cough medicine and get medical advice if you think you’ve had an allergic reaction to it.
How do I get rid of mucus in my chest?
- Humidify the air. Moisturizing the air around you can help keep mucus thin. …
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough liquids, especially warm ones, can help your mucus flow. …
- Consume respiratory health-promoting ingredients. …
- Gargle salt water. …
- Use eucalyptus oil. …
- Take over-the-counter remedies. …
- Prescription medications.
What is the best medicine for mucus and phlegm?
You can try products like guaifenesin (Mucinex) that thin mucus so it won’t sit in the back of your throat or your chest. This type of medication is called an expectorant, which means it helps you to expel mucus by thinning and loosening it.
Does Benylin mucus cough make you drowsy?
BENYLIN Chesty Coughs (Non-drowsy) is indicated for the symptomatic relief of cough. Adults and children aged 12 years and over: Oral.
Is Benylin mucus cough Max a decongestant?
Benylin mucus cough plus decongestant syrup offers nasal and sinus congestion relief. The cough syrup can be taken to loosen stubborn mucus and clear chesty coughs. The decongestant also relieves nasal congestion, reduces catarrh and clears blocked sinuses.
What is mucus cough?
A cough that produces mucus is known as a “wet,” or “productive,” cough. A productive cough can occur in response to an allergen or irritant in the air, such as smoke, dust, or pollen. However, it can also develop due to an infection in the lungs or airways or as a result of an underlying lung condition.
Do you have phlegm with Covid cough?
A dry cough is one of the most common coronavirus symptoms, but some people may have a cough with phlegm (thick mucus). It can be difficult to control your cough but there are a few ways to help.
Is Benylin good for dry cough?
Benylin Dry Coughs (Original) is indicated as an antitussive, for the relief of persistent, dry, irritating cough. Adults and children aged 12 years and over: Oral. 10 ml syrup 4 times a day.
Does Benylin mucus cough contain paracetamol?
Benylin mucus cough & cold all-in-one relief tablets contain the painkiller paracetamol (250mg), a cough expectorant called guaifenesin (100mg) and a decongestant called phenylephrine hydrochloride (5mg). These three active ingredients have different actions to relieve your symptoms.
Is Benylin good for chesty cough?
BENYLIN CHESTY COUGHS (ORIGINAL) is indicated for the relief of cough and associated congestive symptoms. Adults and Children aged 12 years and over: One 10 ml dose of syrup 4 times a day.
How often should you take Benylin?
Adult Use Only (12 years and older): Take 2 Day OR Night caplets every 6 hours. Do not exceed a total of any 8 Day OR Night caplets in 24 hours. Warnings: Liver warning: Acetaminophen may cause severe or possibly fatal liver damage if you take: more than the recommended dose in 24 hours.
Who should not take Benylin?
Who should NOT take this medication?
- are allergic to dextromethorphan or to any of the ingredients of the medication.
- are taking MAO inhibitors (e.g., , moclobemide, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine) or have taken them in the previous 2 weeks.
- have respiratory depression (breathing rate below normal)