The 9 Dirtiest Spots in Your Home
- Knobs, handles, and switches.
- Home office and living room.
- Personal items.
- Good habits.
- 1 What are the dirtiest public places?
- 2 What’s the most dirtiest thing in the world?
- 3 What is considered the dirtiest place in the house?
- 4 What is the most dirtiest surface?
- 5 Where do most germs hide?
- 6 What have the most germs?
- 7 Is there poop on phones?
- 8 Is there poop on money?
- 9 What is dirtier than a toilet seat?
- 10 What is the cleanest part of a bathroom?
- 11 What is the dirtiest city in the world?
- 12 What is the dirtiest place in the bathroom?
- 13 Are toilets dirty?
- 14 Are toilet lids dirty?
- 15 Are towel racks dirty?
- 16 Are your towels Making You Sick?
- 17 How do you clean a shower towel bar?
- 18 How do you clean towel racks?
- 19 Why is my towel rail going rusty?
- 20 How do you get rust off a chrome towel radiator?
- 21 How do you clean bathroom accessories?
- 22 How do I make my taps shiny?
- 23 How do you clean shower glass?
- 24 How do I clean a metal shower?
- 25 Can you wash brass?
- 26 How do you clean bathroom racks?
What are the dirtiest public places?
Here are 5 of the Dirtiest Public Places We may Go to Every Day!
- Offices. The majority of offices have cleaners who regularly wipe down all the surfaces and remove visible dirt. …
- Public Transport. Most of us have to use public transport each day to commute to work. …
- Public Bathrooms. …
- Restaurants. …
- Supermarkets. …
- Hand Washing.
What’s the most dirtiest thing in the world?
10 Dirtiest Things You Touch and How to Stay Safe From Germs
- Dish Sponges or Rags. Why: Dirt plus moisture equals bad news. …
- Kitchen Sinks. Why: This is the second highest breeding ground for e. …
- Toothbrush Holders. Why: “Nasty germs collect. …
- Pet Bowls. …
- Coffee Makers. …
- Bathroom Faucet Handles. …
- Kitchen Counters. …
- Cutting Boards.
What is considered the dirtiest place in the house?
According to the 2011 NSF International Household Germ Study, the kitchen is the dirtiest area in the entire home. A family of bacteria that includes salmonella and E. coli was found in more than 75% of dish sponges and rags.
What is the most dirtiest surface?
The 11 Dirtiest Surfaces You Touch Every Day
- 2 / 12. Bathroom hand dryers. …
- 3 / 12. Cell phones. …
- 4 / 12. Cash. …
- 5 / 12. Toothbrush and toothbrush holder. …
- 6 / 12. The bathroom. …
- Skip Ad. 7 / 12. …
- 8 / 12. Grocery cart. …
- 9 / 12. Your handbag.
Where do most germs hide?
The places viruses hide in your home or office
- Cabinet handles.
- Computer keyboard.
- Computer mouse.
- Doorknobs and door handles.
- Handheld electronics.
- Light switches.
What have the most germs?
In fact, that sponge is likely the dirtiest item in your home, Gerba says. “It’s probably home to hundreds of millions of bacteria,” he says. NSF agrees. Its researchers found that 75% of home dish sponges and rags contained Coliform.
Is there poop on phones?
As per a study, fecal matter can be found on one out of every six smartphones. If you haven’t already been grossed out after reading the above report, another report has revealed that an average mobile is seven dirtier than a toilet seat. Phones with leather cases are 17 times dirtier than the toilet seat.
Is there poop on money?
Research has found most money contains fecal matter and other potentially pathogenic organisms. A study published in Southern Medical Journal reported the presence of disease-causing agents in about 94% of the bills tested. Furthermore, another study found approximately one in 10 bank cards contain fecal bacteria.
What is dirtier than a toilet seat?
Kitchen cloth or sponge
Dishcloths and sponges are dirtier than any other item in the average home, harboring the largest amount of E. coli and other fecal bacteria—mostly because they aren’t replaced as often as they should be. Each square inch of these items contains 456 times more bacteria than a toilet seat.
What is the cleanest part of a bathroom?
the toilet seat
Public bathrooms may be teeming with bacteria, but the toilet seat is probably safe for sitting. But the toilet seat is actually the cleanest part of the bathroom, one expert says.
What is the dirtiest city in the world?
World air quality report
What is the dirtiest place in the bathroom?
Studies have shown that of all the surface areas in the bathroom, the floor is by far the dirtiest. That’s because when we flush the toilet germs spread everywhere, and land on—you guessed it—the floor.
Are toilets dirty?
From the flush handle to the seat to the tank, your toilet bowl is a throne that is swarming with harmful bacteria. On average, a toilet bowl contains 3.2 million bacteria per square inch*. It is in addition to the bacteria found on the other parts that you have come into contact with.
Are toilet lids dirty?
His studies have found that on the average toilet seat there are 50 bacteria per square inch. “It’s one of the cleanest things you’ll run across in terms of micro-organisms,” he says. “It’s our gold standard – there are not many things cleaner than a toilet seat when it comes to germs.”
Are towel racks dirty?
Towel racks are ‘really dirty’
Using color-changing swabs to measure bacteria levels, the team discovered that 60 percent of towel rails and radiators were in the dark purple (or “really dirty”) category. Another 10 percent fell into the light purple “dirty” category.
Are your towels Making You Sick?
Towels are such great bacteria traps because every time you use a towel, you transfer your natural skin bacteria, and any other germs you’re carrying, onto their surface. Most of these germs won’t have any negative health effects because they’re coming from you.
How do you clean a shower towel bar?
Towel Bars and Hooks
The towel bars in this conversation are the ones that hold towels that are used for showering and hand washing. A common way to clean towel bars and hooks is by simply using an all purpose cleaner and a wet rag to wipe them down and then dry them afterwards with a dry cloth.
How do you clean towel racks?
Basically, all you need to do is wipe it with a damp cloth and then dry it thoroughly with a tea towel or kitchen paper so the water drops don’t leave marks. For best results, used deionised water to clean or rinse the surface – you can usually buy it from supermarkets to use in irons, steam cleaners or for car care.
Why is my towel rail going rusty?
Rust is a common problem and annoyance which comes with heated towel radiators. This is because the heat generated by the electric bars warms up the towels placed on it. As this happens, the bars in-between and underneath typically begin to rust because of the moisture from the towels.
How do you get rust off a chrome towel radiator?
White vinegar is an absolutely brilliant cleaner for all kinds of surfaces and works especially well on rusty chrome radiators. This is due to the acidic nature of vinegar which helps to eat into the rust. Simply apply a small amount of white vinegar onto a small cloth and rub in to the chromework.
How do you clean bathroom accessories?
There’s another secret that cleans bathrooms effectively: Sprinkle three tablespoons of baking soda, half a cup of household ammonia, and two cups of warm water into a bottle. Apply this DIY bathroom cleaning product on all the fixtures and rinse it off with a cloth. Your bathroom fixtures and surfaces will sparkle.
How do I make my taps shiny?
How to get taps super shiny
- Dampen the cleaning cloth with water and squirt on a little toothpaste. …
- Rub the toothpaste all around the tap gently.
- Using an old toothbrush clean around the base of the tap and in and around any tight crevices. …
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft cloth.
How do you clean shower glass?
Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, and use it to thoroughly saturate the glass. Let the vinegar soak in for at least 10 minutes. Let it soak even longer if there’s significant buildup. Dip a scrub sponge into baking soda, and scrub the glass.
How do I clean a metal shower?
Make a paste with equal parts baking soda and lemon juice, and then apply it with a toothbrush or soft cloth. Scrub lightly and let the mixture dry on your fixtures. Rub it with a clean cloth or gentle sponge, and you’ll have fixtures that look like new.
Can you wash brass?
Polish the Brass Regularly
And before you get started on polishing, always wash the brass before polishing it. All you need is warm water and mild dish soap. Use a soft, damp cloth to apply the soapy water, and clean it until all debris, dust, and dirt are gone.
How do you clean bathroom racks?
- Fill a bucket or bathtub with sufficient water that will fully submerge the caddy, mix half a cup of water with one and a half cup of white vinegar.
- Put the caddy in water and vinegar solution for approximately 15-20 minutes, ensure that you leave it till the rust or scum begins to soften.