- 1 How often must glucose control testing be performed?
- 2 How often must glucose control testing be performed on the glucose meter?
- 3 How often must glucose control testing performed on the freestyle Precision Pro meter?
- 4 How do you do a control test on a glucose meter?
- 5 How long does it take to perform glucose testing on the FreeStyle Precision Pro glucometer?
- 6 When should QC using the control solutions be run?
- 7 How often are you required to perform liquid quality control testing?
- 8 Do all glucose meters require control solution?
- 9 How do you use Verio control solution?
- 10 Is control solution necessary?
- 11 What is glucometer control solution?
- 12 How long is control solution good for?
- 13 When do test strips expire?
- 14 Do glucometers need calibration?
- 15 How many months is the quality control solution stable for once opened?
- 16 How do you know if your blood glucose meter is working properly?
- 17 When should I change my glucose meter?
- 18 How long does a continuous glucose monitor last?
- 19 Why do you wipe the first drop of blood when checking blood sugar?
How often must glucose control testing be performed?
– If it is a machine, QC must be performed EVERY day of patient testing. Two QC samples, Level 1 (Low) and Level 3 (High) MUST be performed satisfactorily, once every 24 hrs. All test strips and control bottles must be dated with the open date and expiration date and initials.
How often must glucose control testing be performed on the glucose meter?
Checking the meter and test strips (which should be done at least once a week). Using a new vial of test strips. You suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly. Your blood glucose test results are not consistent with your expectation, or you think the results are not accurate.
How often must glucose control testing performed on the freestyle Precision Pro meter?
Every day of patient testing. the test be performed on the 2nd drop? a. To assure the finger is cleaned properly.
How do you do a control test on a glucose meter?
Quote from video:
The control bottle cap and wipe the tip of the bottle with a tissue squeeze the bottle until a tiny drop forms at the tip. Then touch the drop to the front end of the yellow window of the strip.
How long does it take to perform glucose testing on the FreeStyle Precision Pro glucometer?
The FreeStyle Precision Pro system features a new algorithm to correct for hematocrit interference. The test process occurs in five seconds for prompt and accurate delivery of test results.
When should QC using the control solutions be run?
Quality control (QC) consists of two levels of testing solution that must be run once in a 24 hour period.
How often are you required to perform liquid quality control testing?
When to Perform a QC Test All levels of QC solutions must be run and pass successfully within 24 hours prior to testing patient specimens. levels be repeated. QC needs to be done every 24 hours.
Do all glucose meters require control solution?
Manufacturers of glucose meters recommend routine use of control solution to ensure accuracy. Previous studies have demonstrated that glucose meters vary in accuracy and that patients are not using control solution as recommended.
How do you use Verio control solution?
Quote from video:
Solution touch the channel on the side of the test strip to the control solution wait for the channel to fill completely. The meter will countdown until the test is complete.
Is control solution necessary?
In order to get the most accurate readings from your monitor, you should make sure that you use control solution. Its purpose is to make sure that your meter is working properly and calibrated correctly. By not using control solution you run the risk of getting blood sugar readings that are not right.
What is glucometer control solution?
Control solution is essentially “fake blood” that contains a known level of glucose. It is applied to a test strip just like a normal blood sample, and the resulting reading lets you know how well that test strip and your meter are working.
How long is control solution good for?
Control solution has two expiration dates, (1) is the closed bottle expiration date which is printed on the glucose control bottle label and (2) is 3 months from the date the control solution bottle was first opened – please refer to the control solution Instructions for Use for more information.
When do test strips expire?
After opening, blood glucose test strips can normally be used for three to six months but for this it’s important to refer to the information provided for each brand of test strips.
Do glucometers need calibration?
Glucometers must be calibrated to ensure accurate readings are provided to the person performing the test. While some glucometers can calibrate automatically, most will require the user to manually calibrate.
How many months is the quality control solution stable for once opened?
1) Quality control solutions have a shelf life of 3 months once opened. Write date opened and expiry date on bottles.
How do you know if your blood glucose meter is working properly?
You should test the solution as you would test your blood. After the monitor has determined the amount of glucose in the solution, you should compare it to the amount printed on the solution bottle. If the two numbers are the same, you know your glucose monitor kit is functioning properly.
When should I change my glucose meter?
Replace the monitor every 4 to 5 years. Touch a generous drop of blood to the test strip. Don’t add more blood to the test strip after the first drop is applied. If you’re using a testing site other than your fingertip and you think the reading is wrong, test again using blood from a fingertip.
How long does a continuous glucose monitor last?
For most devices, you change sensors at home every 7 to 14 days. For some long-term implantable CGM devices, your healthcare provider will change the sensor in a procedure in their office a handful of times (or less) each year.
Why do you wipe the first drop of blood when checking blood sugar?
The first drop of blood from a lancing site contains a greater volume of platelets, which could make the lancing site seal up before enough blood was obtained for the test, and the dual wipe ensured a longer, larger flow of blood.