Levofloxacin and other quinolone antibiotics may worsen symptoms of muscle pain, weakness, and muscle fatigue associated with myasthenia gravis or unmask a previously undiagnosed case.
- 1 Can Levaquin affect your muscles?
- 2 Can levofloxacin cause muscle spasms?
- 3 Can antibiotics cause muscle pain?
- 4 Can levofloxacin cause leg pain?
- 5 What medications cause muscle and joint pain?
- 6 What is the most serious side effects of levofloxacin?
- 7 Can antibiotics cause muscle weakness?
- 8 How long does it take for levofloxacin side effects to go away?
- 9 Can levofloxacin cause nerve damage?
- 10 When should I be worried about muscle pain?
- 11 What can cause unexplained muscle pain?
- 12 What medication causes aching legs?
- 13 What medications cause muscle pain and weakness?
- 14 Why do my legs ache so much?
- 15 How do you relieve leg muscle pain?
- 16 Does Covid affect your legs?
- 17 What is the best tablet for muscle pain?
Can Levaquin affect your muscles?
Levofloxacin may rarely cause inflammation (tendinitis) or tearing of a tendon (the cord that attaches muscles to the bones). This can occur while you are taking the medicine or after you finish using it.
Can levofloxacin cause muscle spasms?
If you experience any of the following symptoms of tendinitis, stop taking levofloxacin, rest, and call your doctor immediately: pain, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, or difficulty in moving a muscle.
Can antibiotics cause muscle pain?
Severe aches and pains
In very rare cases, fluoroquinolone antibiotics can cause disabling, long-lasting or permanent side effects affecting the joints, muscles and nervous system.
Can levofloxacin cause leg pain?
burning, numbness, tingling, or painful sensation including peripheral neuropathy. joint or muscle pain including tendon rupture or swelling of the tendon (tendinitis). weakness in the arms, hands, legs, or feet including worsening of myasthenia gravis.
What medications cause muscle and joint pain?
Medications that can cause joint and muscle pain
- Antibiotic: levofloxacin. …
- Cholesterol-lowering medications: statins. …
- Osteoporosis medication: bisphosphonates. …
- Asthma inhalers. …
- Breast cancer medications: anastrozole, exemestane, letrozole. …
- Acne treatment: isotretinoin. …
- Nerve pain / anti-seizure medication: pregabalin.
What is the most serious side effects of levofloxacin?
Serious side effects
- Allergic reaction. …
- Central nervous system effects. …
- Tendon damage, including tendinitis (inflammation of the tendon) and tendon rupture (tear in the tendon). …
- Peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage in your hands, feet, arms, or legs). …
- Joint and muscle pain.
- Liver damage, which can be fatal.
Can antibiotics cause muscle weakness?
It can also cause muscle weakness and loss of sensation or numbness. The nerve damage, which may occur shortly after these drugs are administered, could be permanent.
How long does it take for levofloxacin side effects to go away?
If the patient generally has good health, the body can eliminate Levaquin (levofloxacin) in about 30 to 40 hours, or about a day and a half to two days, but some side effects of the drug can show up as long as two months or longer after taking the medicine.
Can levofloxacin cause nerve damage?
In addition to the risks Levaquin poses for peripheral neuropathy and muscle damage, some users have reported other symptoms, including visual difficulties, renal system issues, nausea and diarrhea, hearing problems, brain fog, skin rashes, depression, and disruptions to blood sugar metabolism.
When should I be worried about muscle pain?
Get immediate medical care if you have muscle pain with:
Trouble breathing or dizziness. Extreme muscle weakness. A high fever and stiff neck.
What can cause unexplained muscle pain?
Common causes of muscle pain include:
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
What medication causes aching legs?
These medications can cause leg cramps in 3% of people who take them or less:
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
- Celecoxib (Celebrex)
- Cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn)
- Pregabalin (Lyrica)
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- Short-acting inhalers such as ipratropium/albuterol (Combivent) and levalbuterol (Xopenex).
What medications cause muscle pain and weakness?
List of Drugs that may cause Muscle Pain (Myalgia)
- Agalsidase. …
- Alefacept. …
- Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed. …
- Bezafibrate. …
- Efalizumab. …
- Eltrombopag. …
- Enzalutamide. …
- Eprosartan Mesylate Hydrochlorothiazide.
Why do my legs ache so much?
Most leg pain results from wear and tear, overuse, or injuries in joints or bones or in muscles, ligaments, tendons or other soft tissues. Some types of leg pain can be traced to problems in your lower spine. Leg pain can also be caused by blood clots, varicose veins or poor circulation.
How do you relieve leg muscle pain?
If you have leg pain from cramps or overuse, take these steps first:
- Rest as much as possible.
- Elevate your leg.
- Apply ice for up to 15 minutes. …
- Gently stretch and massage cramping muscles.
- Take over-the-counter pain medicines such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
Does Covid affect your legs?
You may get pain in your arms, legs, or back that develops spontaneously with no injury. Typically, in a coronavirus infection, the pain is in muscles rather than in joints. But if you have an arthritic joint in your arm or leg, the virus may exaggerate the symptoms. The pain may be severe and limiting.
What is the best tablet for muscle pain?
If you get sore muscles once in a while, you can take acetaminophen or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) like aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen to help ease the discomfort.